Wednesday, October 15, 2008

As Seen On The Golf Course

You just never know what you'll see on the golf course. Usually, the wildlife is plentiful and interesting. Today's feature presentation is a Great Blue Heron that spent some time stalking me.
It kept creeping over in my direction and when I would look, it would stand stock still until I moved on.
Now it is coming directly at me and I was wondering if it was going to go into attack mode ... but it didn't.

It started to bend forward and then straighten up and then bend forward again.
Lo & Behold! BRUNCH! It wasn't stalking me, it was stalking its meal.

Then it walked into the pond with this little mole and washed it off a couple of times.
Eeeuuuwwww!
Yummy! At least, it filled his tummy.
Yup ... see that fat neck?

2 comments:

Remo said...

That's cool. I bet the golf course doesn't have much problem with moles.

Lisa :-] said...

Gosh, Kath, what a great set of pictures! I LOVE herons, but I've never got to see one eat something.